MBA a1466 i think 2011 stuck on full lading bar with apple logo, tried everyting

Reaction score
hi guys i have a 2011 MBA a1466 and i have tried everything even swapping SSDs ( ssd works fine on other macbook air / pro )
and still same issue , just hangs on full loading bar with apple logo ? and after a while if i press any key i can HEAR the normal feedback sounds u would when your on the login screen BUT just stuck on that black screen with the full loading bar screen and apple logo ?? one time it did boot up fine but then went back to the same issue.. i have tried formatting ssd and installing osx from the recovery and from the usb and still same issue, i tried smc and all the other resets and no luck? maybe gpu or motherboard issue? i even tried swapping the efi chip and same issue and put back the original one..

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Yes, it sounds like a video/logic board issue, due to the steps you have already taken. Not sure how you swapped the EFI chip?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Yes, it sounds like a video/logic board issue, due to the steps you have already taken. Not sure how you swapped the EFI chip?

C
the fi chip is fairly easy i just heated up the old and removed it and replaced it with the new and it still did same thing so i put back the original one.. idk it could be a bad part maybe another efi chip would do the trick? can it be anything else that can cause this issue? someone else said that i try other os versions??

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Interesting about the EFI chip, as most Apple technicians aren't certified in component-level repairs. Not even an Apple Genius is, as logic board chips/components aren't available from Apple.

You could try another version of OS X/macOS, maybe on an external drive, but it sounds more like a hardware issue.

C

Ask a Question