Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Rodney Creech, and I have a Mac iBook G4
which is just under a year old. I've never had any
problems with my computer, and I've been very pleased
with it. Over the Holidays, my nephew played the game
Marble Blast Gold on my computer, and he was very good
at it. The next day I immediately noticed the screen
was different. The font was very large and blurry looking.
I've tried everything and can't seem to restore my
computer to it's original appearance. I was wondering
if I should restore the system with the start up CD,
and also wondering why this problem occurred?

Thanks for your help,
Rodney

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Rodney Creech, and I have a Mac iBook G4
which is just under a year old. I've never had any
problems with my computer, and I've been very pleased
with it. Over the Holidays, my nephew played the game
Marble Blast Gold on my computer, and he was very good
at it. The next day I immediately noticed the screen
was different. The font was very large and blurry looking.
I've tried everything and can't seem to restore my
computer to it's original appearance. I was wondering
if I should restore the system with the start up CD,
and also wondering why this problem occurred?

Thanks for your help,
Rodney
Sounds like you're in zoom mode. hit the "Command" (the key with the apple), "Option" and "8" keys at the same time on your keyboard. If this doesn't solve your problem repeat the process to turn zoom off.

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I tried your suggestion by hitting the 'option,' 'apple key,' and '8,' but with no change. My concern is the blurry contrast in the font. Everything is working correctly, but the appearance is different. I also went to system preferences and then to universal and turned off the zoom control, but no change. Any other suggestions?

Peace,
RC

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I tried your suggestion by hitting the 'option,' 'apple key,' and '8,' but with no change. My concern is the blurry contrast in the font. Everything is working correctly, but the appearance is different. I also went to system preferences and then to universal and turned off the zoom control, but no change. Any other suggestions?

Peace,
RC
Actually, the keyboard combination that I gave you controls the zoom feature. Seeing that you hit these keys and then turned off the zoom feature means that the zoom feature wasn't enabled. Have you tried repairing permissions and rebooting or checking out your fonts in the Font Book application? :)

Reaction score
Thanks again for your help. I'm out of town for the Holidays right now, but plan to return home on Jan. 9TH. I'll try to fix the problem at that time, and would appreciate your sound input. You've been very helpful.

Happy New Year!!!

Reaction score
Thanks again for your help. I'm out of town for the Holidays right now, but plan to return home on Jan. 9TH. I'll try to fix the problem at that time, and would appreciate your sound input. You've been very helpful.

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year! :D
You might want to check out your fonts when you get home as well. I'm wondering if this app installed some of its own fonts that aren't playing nicely with your system.

Reaction score
Its a resolution problem. The game has altered the resolution on your system in order for it to be playable. To prevent this happening again when the game is played, you can set the game's desired resolution in the game settings.

To get your monitor correct again, go to system preferences and to displays preferences and go down the list to the highest resolution, not sure what it is on your system, but should be at least 1024x768 and then make sure colours are set to millions.

Reaction score
Its a resolution problem. The game has altered the resolution on your system in order for it to be playable. To prevent this happening again when the game is played, you can set the game's desired resolution in the game settings.

To get your monitor correct again, go to system preferences and to displays preferences and go down the list to the highest resolution, not sure what it is on your system, but should be at least 1024x768 and then make sure colours are set to millions.

I checked out this game and it's default resolution was 1024x768.
I changed the game's resolution to the other two resolution options as well but it didn't affect the Displays settings in System Preferences which I keep at 1024x768 as well. I wonder if creechr's nephew could have changed the display resolution in System Preferences and, or if this game merely had a different effect on creechr's Mac. Screen resolution could definitely be the culprit though.

Reaction score
I checked out this game and it's default resolution was 1024x768.
I changed the game's resolution to the other two resolution options as well but it didn't affect the Displays settings in System Preferences which I keep at 1024x768 as well. I wonder if creechr's nephew could have changed the display resolution in System Preferences and, or if this game merely had a different effect on creechr's Mac. Screen resolution could definitely be the culprit though.

It's possible. My first installation of Marble Blast Gold used to run at 800 x 600 and never affected my eMac but used to affect my widescreen iMac until I changed it via the game.

Quite a few games used to affect desktop resolution, especially on Windows systems. When I used to fix computers, it used to be a common complaint, thankfully things have improved.

I would be very surprised if this is not a resolution issue though. ;)

Ask a Question