Macbook Pro will not boot

Reaction score
L/S short. this is an 07 15" Macbook pro. when I turn it on I get the apple chime, apple logo and spining B/W gear. it stays there till i get the ( must restart) . If I try to boot from internal DVD it just kicks it out. If I use an External It see`s it but when I try to strat from it I just get the spinning gear till it has to be rebooted. I did put the hard drive into another macbook and both the main and recovery work fine on that machine . When I put the same hard drive back into the none working mac it sees them but will not boot from either of them. I did every keyboard option out there CTL -OPT-P-R , -O-F, I reset Pram and Nvram ect. When I do CTL -V I get ( success ) all the way down , No errors. The only thing I found wrong is when i go into single user mode and then shut down after Fsck -fy The very last message is ( still waiting for IOFirewireController) then after a few it shuts down . Does any one know a code I can Use in single user mode to disable IOFirewire? or a site where I can find a list of commands I can try in single user mode ? Thanks in advance for any help .

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Are you able to back up your personal files/apps etc because you could try reformatting the drive when it's in the other MacBook then trying it back in the troublesome MacBook Pro as a freshly formatted drive, that is if you don't find any other fixes ... The drive seems fine but you never know ....

You tried the MacBook Pro's hd in another MacBook but can you try another MacBooks drive in the troublesome Pro? Other than that I'm stumped sorry.

Reaction score
Are you able to back up your personal files/apps etc because you could try reformatting the drive when it's in the other MacBook then trying it back in the troublesome MacBook Pro as a freshly formatted drive, that is if you don't find any other fixes ... The drive seems fine but you never know ....

You tried the MacBook Pro's hd in another MacBook but can you try another MacBooks drive in the troublesome Pro? Other than that I'm stumped sorry.

yeah I did all 3. troubled macs hard drive started my 1181 but the drive from the 1181 will not start the troubled one. It wont boot from firewire either. And i did format and reinstall. im convinced there is some thing stored on the board it self that needs to be cleared. I think its the firewire controller. but I just cant find any ifo on it. Some one must know how to write commands in single user mode.

Ask a Question