Mac won't connect to IRC using applications

Reaction score
I can suddenly no longer connect to IRC using ANY downloaded program. I've tried everything from Adium (which is what I was using until it suddenly stopped working) to LimeChat to Colloquy. No program will connect to IRC. I can access IRC using websites. I have no idea what the problem could be!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

What version of Mac OS are you running? Have you recently changed any settings in System Preferences for Network or Security? Are you running the Mac firewall?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

What version of Mac OS are you running? Have you recently changed any settings in System Preferences for Network or Security? Are you running the Mac firewall?

C

I have not changed any settings. I am using 10.7.4, and it is fully updated. I am not running a firewall.

Additional information: Using programs such as Adium, I can access other IRC servers such as irc.starchat.net. It is only irc.ircstorm.net that I'm unable to access from the programs. I can access this server using browser-based IRC chats, such as Mibbit.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Have you tried flushing the DNS cache:

-Go to Applications
-Go to Utilities.
-Open Terminal
-Type: dscacheutil -flushcache
-Press Enter or Return

When I type in irc.ircstorm.net in the Safari URL bar, I get an error page. If I type it in Google and then click on the link listed in the search results, it loads the page normally. Looks like there is something up with their server and/or configuration.

C

Ask a Question