Mac Notebook Versatility

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just got a nice new Mac Notebook Air, light and portable, 13" screen, very elegant. This is after purchasing an HP PC with Windows 10, a program which unfortunately I have issues with. So, to replace that PC completely I've also got a 12 Volt totally portable ordinary TV with HDMI input, and an Apple adapter with an HDMI output, to get my 24" screen running off the nice little Apple Notebook! Not on the airplane, of course.

However, I really miss my Word 6 (Microsoft) program. I do all sorts of things with that; it's easy, jpg-friendly, has Word Art and so on, and boots up in no time, unlike Microsoft's later Word programs. Needless to say I couldn't load Word 6 on my new PC.

Can I load MS Word 6 onto my Apple Notebook? I have that program on disk, but can load it via USB stick. I didn't want to try that before running it past some experts - so if anyone has any ideas about that I would really appreciate it.

Cheers

Reaction score
If it is a Windows version of Word you would need parallels or bootcamp in order to use windows software, even then it may not work.

Reaction score
Thanks for the comment - think I'll give it a miss & not wreck the nice Apple Notepad.

Tried to run the Word 6 on Windows 10 and it booted up, you could use it and save a document. Then when trying to retrieve it it came on but got wiped out as a last nice surprise because Windows 10 wants you to use Office 365 and pay by the month! That would be OK if the new Office programs were user-friendly, but no such luck. The only way to beat these guys is to become a nerd, and even then it's 'illegal' to change their precious programs in the slightest way, such as in making them useful.

Anyway I've now changed to Apple.

Cheers

Ask a Question