Mac driver issues

Reaction score
Hi guys, first post around here!

Okay, so I've had my MacBook Pro for a while now, latest OS X. I'm a graphic design student, and I use a Wacom Volito on my Mac.

Now, until yesterday it worked fine, it's a Volito, meaning that it's not fully compatible, but the built in mouse-driver (or whatever, I'm no expert) handled the hardware okay. Now, the Volito has pen-pressure-sensitivity or what's it called, and I wanted to get that to work as well, so, I searched the internet for a mac driver for my volito, and nothing, installed a driver, nothing, removed it, installed another, still nothing, and so on... Until I finally stumbled upon a thread where someone had the same problem, however, the driver that was given to that person (via a link, so I could try it out as well), was for 10.4 I believe, or anyways, it wasn't for intel macs. I tried the driver, but got an error of some sort, so still no luck...

Now the big problem is not the fact that I still haven't found a driver (don't get me wrong, it's still an issue), but now that I have tried those drivers, my tablet won't respond at all... I have removed everything that can have anything to do with the tablet, but still nothing...

School starts again in less than a month, and I would like to get it to work, as soon as possible... I have searched the internet the whole day, as I like to solve my own problems instead of asking for help immediately, but I just can't seem to figure this one out myself....

Please help me! Where can I remove drivers that were not default on my mac? Is there any way to make my mac recognize new hardware? (Sorry, I used a windows pc for a long while)

Thank you so much in advance!

karazelle

Reaction score
First, open system preferences, accounts, and look in your accounts (to the left) startup items tab (to the right) for anything related to it.
Then, go to your home folders Library folder:
Look inside "Input Methods" (empty on my MacPro), StatupItems...

Look in /Library (from the root of your harddrive) and repeat.
Hint: Input Methods was empty and "InputManagers" contained Smart Crash Reports on mine.

Try to move stuff out that you wonder if is it, but don't delete, then reboot and see if it works?

Let us know how it went :)

Reaction score
Damn, no luck on that one... Didn't find anything related to the driver, I searched for WACOM, as the drivers contained the word in the filename, so the chances that anything was left to be found were slim...

Do you know how to install the original drivers so that the original mouse driver, which I probably simply deleted, will be reïnstalled? I suppose there should be some download that will "update" my drivers? I have the most recent ones, but maybe the updater will install the one(s) that are/is now missing? (Hope something like that is possible?)

If it is not, or you don't know how, I still ow you a big thank you for your effort of replying/trying! Thanks!

karazelle

Reaction score
Reaction score
No luck on that one... But oh well, problem solved, I got myself a treat, a nice Bamboo Fun... I'm already liking it a lot better than the volito! And it looks sooo much better... A little comparison?

volito1.jpg

Wacom%20Bamboo%20Tablet%20Med%20White%20CTE650W.jpg

(Without the mouse)

Ask a Question