Kernel Panic On Installing New Dvd Ram Drive

Reaction score
Hi all, I am a relatively inexperienced Mac user, so I will try to make this short and to the point.

I recently went to change my old CDRW in my Quicksilver running OSX Tiger for a branded Apple DVD Ram drive bought secondhand from ebay. I was immediately met with the dreaded Kernel panic screen on rebooting.

I have tried changing the jumper settings etc and keep getting the same error on rebooting. I then tried putting my old CDRW drive back in and am now met with the same Kernel panic screen every time I boot up.

I have three hard drives installed in the machine. the drive on the same cable as the new DVD Ram drive I installed is I assume the boot HD?

If anyone can shed some light on I this would be extremely grateful. (Including how my jumper settings should be set, as I am now confused as to what they were prior to installing the DVD Ram drive).

Thanks in advance.

Ask a Question