iphoto problem

Reaction score
Iphoto worked fine with a small KODAK and with my CANON 300D cameras. All of a sudden, when I connect either of my cameras, nothing happens and the program says "no camera selected". I don't remember if this started when I tried to connect my new LUMIX FZ30 camera, which also doesn't work. For the moment, my job is done with a program supplied to me with my Canon camera, but still the question stands. What happened with iphoto?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

goto the Applications Folder and Open Image Capture, then goto the Image Capture menu in the menu bar and select Preferences...

Then select the General tab and see what it says...

When a Camera is connected open ?

Give that a go first.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hello, nice to join your big and helpful club.
I didn't find any such file in my Applications Folder. I even searched through Sherlock, but again nothing. Is there a way I could get a newer version than the 2.0 I now own?

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

have a look for Image Capture in the Utilities folder inside the Applications folder...

Is there a way I could get a newer version than the 2.0 I now own?

You can get iLife from the Apple Store, that contains the latest version of iPhoto, its well worth the price.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hello again,
Indeed I didn't have Image Capture (thrown away by accident?), but I found it in my office. Anyway I followed your directions but the program said "no image capture device connected". I use the USB port on my keyboard (I didn't try the ones at the back of my Mac), but iPhoto launches automatically when I connect my cameras, although it doesn't see any of them.

Reaction score
Couple suggestions for you...
1-test the USB port in your keyboard: Does the one you're trying to use with the camera work with any other devices (mouse, flash drive)?
2-try plugging the cameras into the USB port in the back of the computer, preferably one you know works (as in you've been using it with another device with no problems)
3-this one's simple, but something that gets overlooked when you're frustrated by a problem. Make sure your cameras are on and in the "download" mode vs. "picture taking" mode... As simple as this one seems, I've seen it be the cause of iPhoto not seeing camera many, many times.

Ask a Question