iPhone 7 won't sync with iTunes

Reaction score
Hi,

As long as your password is 25 characters long or longer. ( of mixed letters upper and lower, numbers and symbols) it shouldn't be a problem. I would suggest you turn on two-step verification with your Apple account as well, for added security.

Regarding space Apple only give you 5GB of free storage (you can buy more) that is why I do not use the iCloud photo option as my previous screen shot.

Reaction score
Is sync the same as back-up? I've always had macs, but I'm kind of new to iCloud. Everything seems to be syncing well as of this morning, but I'm not sure if I should stay signed in, or sign out after I've finished with the setting up process. Also I get the message that I don't have enough space to back up. I'm a little confused.

Reaction score
Hi,

Is sync the same as back-up?
No, sync is changing media on your phone with iTunes and can include music photos Films Apps etc.
but I'm not sure if I should stay signed in, or sign out after I've finished with the setting up process

I answered this in my previous post.

Also I get the message that I don't have enough space to back up. I'm a little confused.

This as well, but to add more and to see how you have used up your 5GB do the following.

Make sure you are connected to your WiFi network then open your iPhones Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage, then select your device. The backup should appear in the details with the time and backup size. As my first screen shot. Then you can expand the backups by clicking manage as my second screen shot.

Attachments

• IMG_0448.PNG
    IMG_0448.PNG
    143.6 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_0449.PNG
    IMG_0449.PNG
    182.1 KB · Views: 311

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
On my iPhone I just stay signed in. For certain things I'm asked for my appleID, like purchases from the app store.

As for the message about not enough space, you need to upgrade to iCloud Drive and if you are backing up to the Cloud from more than one device or Mac computer, then the free quota does fill up quickly.

You need a back up of your iPhone just-in-case so as long as you have that you are fine.

Ask a Question