iOS 7 phone text message

Reaction score
I have no sound when I receive text messages. Sound is on in settings and phone. It was working fine one day, and no sound the next. I have rebooted, and still no sound.

Reaction score
iOS7. Never had a problem till I updated. But it was working fine right after the update. It was the next day that things got screwy.

Reaction score
I take it you have checked settings- sound and that the relevant text notification sound plays?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 397
Reaction score
Yes, everything is on, no changes made after the update on settings, except the sound tone choices. Was working the day before it stopped.

Reaction score
Yes but if you go into setting - sound and select the text notification sound does it play?

Reaction score
Hi,

Only thing I can suggest is to do a hard rest.
Have to say I had no upgrade issues.
Press the "On/Off" button and the "Home" button simultaneously, hold the buttons for at least 10 seconds. Ignore the "Slide to Power Off" slider. When you see the Apple logo appear on the screen, release the buttons. It takes about a minute for the device to reset. When the logo disappears, the process is complete.

Reaction score
Hi,

Only thing I can suggest is to do a hard rest.
Have to say I had no upgrade issues.
Press the "On/Off" button and the "Home" button simultaneously, hold the buttons for at least 10 seconds. Ignore the "Slide to Power Off" slider. When you see the Apple logo appear on the screen, release the buttons. It takes about a minute for the device to reset. When the logo disappears, the process is complete.
Did that, several times... No vibration alert for text messages either. However, now it works occasionally.

Ask a Question