Introduce yourself !

Reaction score
Hello..

I'm not exactly new to the Mac or OS X however I have recently purchased two new Mac's. A 17" MBP for myself and a 13" MacBook Air for my wife. I had been utilizing a G4 Aluminum PowerBook while my wife has been utilizing a G4 (last gen) iMac. It was time for me to upgrade and she wanted a MBA.

Meanwhile, now that we're both running Snow Leopard on brand new Mac's (our previous Mac's were running Tiger 4.11), I figured I would once again join a forum. It has been 4-5 years since I belonged to a Mac based forum (never this one, more on that in a minute), so I Googled the addy to the previous forum I once belonged to (matter of fact I was a Moderator there) but the boards (now) didn't impress me much, not to mention the site is also now under new ownership. So once again I Googled 'Mac forums' and the option for 'Mac help forums' appeared. I clicked on a few url links before discovering this forum. After briefly lurking around here, I decided to join.

With that said; as mentioned, I am married - to the woman of my dreams as well as the love of my life. Together we have two beautiful daughters. One attends Stanford University and the other is a senior in high school. I mentioned to the wife I was joiing a Mac forum and asked her if she wanted to join as well - I knew better but thought I would ask just the same. To no surprise, she replied; "You can handle whatever future issues I might have".

So there you have it. I'm guessing as time goes by, we'll get to know each other a little better. So for now, I will end my intro here and continue browsing the forums.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new to your forums and wanted to say hello.
I found this group while trying to find a project template for imovie to edit some wedding video that is kicking my butt. I'm a photographer not a video person, but am doing for a friend and am having a very rough time (so if you know of any.....).
I've been married 21 years, was a medic in the Army, worked with an electrical utility for 17 years and took a layoff from them to start our photography business, AkiPhotography. Its slow going, of course we started when the economy was in the tank but we're getting there.
I have used PC's my entire life and bought a Mac 2 months ago. I really like it, haven't had as much trouble as I thought I would. Though I do keep hitting PC "keys" and nothing happens. Then I think, that's not going to work and redo.... :)
I like almost every kind of music, comedy/action/drama movies and the Bumblebee transformer.
I'm from North Carolina piedmont area but we hope to move to the beach in the next couple years.

Reaction score
Hello again - and thanks Ric for your email . I have been so busy as ever and not come to the site - but I hope to come along a lot more and chat some and hopefully answer some Mac questions if I know the answer! I do find I have got so much more knowledge after things go wrong = you can fix and you then can help others with same problems.
Last big event was my iMac 24 ins hard drive went and my Mac is only 2 years old. There is a lot on the internet about changing an iMac hard drive and believe this - you have to take off the SCREEN using rubber suction pads! Im lucky to have a friend who did this for me. You can not get in the back of an iMac! It was successful Im glad to say and now is back to normal. New hard drive from PC World ( sorry to mention PC!) wsas chdeap and actually was the identical drive that was in the iMac previously.
Great thing was that because I had used a back up drive and done TIME MACHINE I was able to just put back all my Applications on new drive so no problem trying to re find and re install.

Speak later
:)

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hello again - I do find I have got so much more knowledge after things go wrong = you can fix and you then can help others with same problems.

I couldn't agree with you more, Carol_t! If you know of a fix and find someone with a similar issue there's nothing better than hearing back from them that you have helped them sort their issue ...

New hard drive from PC World ( sorry to mention PC!) was chdeap and actually was the identical drive that was in the iMac previously.

haha, they're all PC's, Carol_t ;) At the end of the day, the big hard drive manufacturers are doing business with both Apple AND Microsoft and the drives are exactly the same ... It's how the HD's are formatted that makes the difference.

Great thing was that because I had used a back up drive and done TIME MACHINE I was able to just put back all my Applications on new drive so no problem trying to re find and re install.

That's terrific, ... you know the old saying ... backup, backup & backup again! Good to see you have it all under control .. ;)

Ask a Question