Introduce yourself !

Reaction score
Hi, well I've finally found this thread after being a member for a few days ...

I've been a Mac user for a few years but have jumped from OS 8.6 on a PowerPC 5500/225 to OS 10.4. on an Intel Core2Duo 2.16Ghz 20" Mac and am loving it.

I know how frustrating technology is and love helping out others just get on with their Mac experience.

I love using both my Mac & PC and network them so I'm not totally biased.

Reaction score
Hello Stanley_Beamish and Welcome!

Thanks for helping out others on here! Enjoy your stay!

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
I thought I'd go ahead and throw in on this one since I've been hanging around five months now (an arbitrary threshold, I realize):

I am in the waning months of graduate school at the U of Alabama studying urban planning with a focus on transport planning. I graduate May 12, and am currently job searching (have had two phone interviews thus far, and heard back from one).

I've been on Macs pretty much as long as I can walk (my dad rushed out and got a 512 in 1984). After a brief foray in the Windows world at home, I (and my dad as well) got back into Macs about two years ago. Along with me and my dad (my mother is a bit computer weary) both of my sisters have Apples too (not sure exactly what, but they do have them). Except for the HD crash last November, I've been pleased with it (I finally replaced it two weeks ago, so I'm back to happy :)). I like tinkering around with lots of different things, particularly iMovie.

As for music, anything good. I am particularly fond of classical rock, blues, jazz, classic R&B (Wilson Pickett, Marvin Gaye), hymns...really anything done before, say, 1980 (that seemed to be the culmination of a series of big rock deaths from 1977 - 1980).

I've climbed (and thrown up on) Mt. Fuji. I've had a wild monkey violently snatch a banana out of my hand in Africa.

That about covers it.

Ric

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to everyone,

thanks for adding yourselves to this post !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi All!

I came across this site a few months ago when a very nice chap by the name of Ric left me his mac-help business card after a lenghly chat over his beat up 15" Powerbook and its dodgy screen in PC World Oldham, not seen much of him since unfortunately, shame as its nice to talk mac in a PC World (no pun intended lol).

Well still hammering away at PC World trying to get myself more money and better job, while finding time to rewrite my own and my dads websites, which has in all fairness fallen by the wayside since I bought my Olympus e500 DSLR cam - out taking pics whenever possible! My decent pics are all on flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/isdky

Been Mac for 4 years now, while playing with *nix when I'm that way inclined (have an old machine running xubuntu).

Did a degree in Software Development at the Oldham Business Management School - but tbh, never really made a career out of it - preferred it more of a hobby than a career but starting to have second thoughts now :(

Well, rambled on long enough I think - hope I havnt bored you all too much! lol

Brian.

Reaction score
Hi, everyone.

Born and raised in Brazil, I moved to Texas in 1981, where I've been living since then. I've used Macs since the first model in 1984. Though I occasionally have to touch a PC (just to see the dark side), I use Macs both at work and home. My other passion -- at least what I can put in print -- is writing music reviews for my Brazilian music web site (Música Brasileira from A-Z). I love movies, traveling, camping, hiking and visiting national parks among other things.

Reaction score
Don't think I ever posted in here! I'm Claire, 22, work in the Forest of Dean in a Secondary School. We are slowly getting more and more Mac's in, and I am going on the support essentials course next week :)

Reaction score
Hai to all. I am Bindu, new member of this site. I am from kerala, popularly known as God's own country. I am very happy to visit this site. Come on and enjoy by visiting this site.

Reaction score
hi, am new to this site. i recently became a member here, nice looking forum here. hope that my stay will be fun

SwampWitch

Reaction score
Welcome, Pageous! If you have some hours to burn, check out the new arcade, it's very fun. Some games haven't even been played yet!

Reaction score
Hello, I am a photographer/artist/astrologer and I live on the Wirral, UK. Im a member of a photographic club and enjoy being out taking photographs, especially of the wild ponies in Wales.
I love all things Mac. I got my first Mac 4 years ago and took to it immediately. Now I don't know how I ever was with a PC for so long.

iMac 3.06 Ghz Intel Core Duo. 4GB SDRAM. 24 ins
MacBook 2.0 Ghz. Intel Core Duo 13.3 ins

SwampWitch

Reaction score
Welcome, Carol t. It would be great to see some new photos at our Members' Photo Gallery!

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
A big welcome to all our new members :)

Carol_t, I couldn't view your pics as there was an error with the file not being found on the database or something like that??

Ask a Question