Intro and should I buy an iMac

Reaction score
I am a 81 years old and have been using PCs and Windows since there were any, I worked at IBM for 35 years. I currently am using An iPad Pro, iPad air 2 and iPhone Xs.

I am considering buying a used iMac to see how I like OS X. The one I'm looking at runs MacOS Sierra. Are there things that will be smoother or easier using OS X with my i devices. I don't do anything exotic or video editing. I am assuming that data transfer will be easier.

You get the picture, I'm just adding another toy that may make things easier and maybe get a couple PCs off of my desk.

Thanks,
Bob

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry we didn't reply until now.

Yes, your iOS devices will definitely be easier to manage with a Mac.

Which model Mac are you looking at?

C

Reaction score
Thanks. I bought a refurbished iMAC mid 2010 running 10.13.6. I bought Kensington Expert Mouse and bluetooth will not connect. Is it possible that the iMAC is too old. My PC and iPad pro will connect (I know they won't do anything). But this does show that the BT is working.

If you need to move this to another part of the forum OK.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Should be a good machine for you.

Which model is the Kensington Expert Mouse. I believe the current Kensington devices use Bluetooth 4.0 LE, and your iMac only has 2.1 + EDR. Did you try the included USB dongle, normally found stored on the bottom of the device? I bet that would work better for you.

C

Reaction score
Yes it's a good machine to get me started. I was afraid that might be the problem. I did try the dongle, that didn't work either. I'll call Kensington tomorrow. If that doesn't work back it goes. I might try a wired one. I miss the buttons on my Track man marble mouse.

Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Thanks,Cory. I don't know why I didn't think of this before. I loaded the Logitec button assignment program designed for the MAC.
The Expert Trackball goes back tomorrow. I like the Trackman better I've been using it for about 20 years.

Ask a Question