Intermittent audio playback

Reaction score
Runnnin OS 10.5.8
15" Titanium powerbook

:confused: This is driving me crazy! My audio plays intermittently with every program, itunes, quicktime etc.,
I have an external HD that runs OS 10.4.3. This works fine. Any suggestions how to fix this so I can enjoy itunes on the 10.5.8 system?
Thanks!

Reaction score
Check Activity Monitor for CPU usage.

or It could be a hardware problem, does the same problem happen with the sound going out the headphone port?

Reaction score
Not CPU usage, happens when nothing else is running. Not hardware (audio port). Happens with ext. speakers, headphones and internal speakers. But this doesn't happen when I start up from 10.4.3 ext. HD. Everything is normal. Go figure!

Reaction score
Check Activity Monitor for CPU usage.

or It could be a hardware problem, does the same problem happen with the sound going out the headphone port?
Sound plays intermittently through external speakers, the powerbooks internal speakers, doesn't matter. I think it's the version of iTunes. (My external drive runs 10.4.3 which works fine.) How do I go back to and install an earlier version of iTunes?
Thanks! :mad:

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Downgrading to a previous version of iTunes is a hassle. You need the iTunes version and Pacifist.app and must be very diligent.

Reaction score
I am having a problem with my audio as well. When I play a video, youtube, netflix, itunes, everything really, the video freezes and I hear two soft clicking noises. The video plays for another few seconds and once again, the two clicking noises pause the video. This has made watching anything with video and sound impossible on my laptop. Please help! Here are the specifics about my laptop:
processor: 2.1 GHz Intel Core Duo
Memory: 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Hardware Overview:
Model Name: MacBook

Model Identifier: MacBook4,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.1 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 1 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz