Installer for font?

Reaction score
Is it possible to create an installer for a Mac to auto install a font? I have created a font which works equally well on Windows and on Mac. I created an installer for Windows, the user downloads it, clicks the .exe file and it auto installs the font. Can something similar be created for Mac? And if so, can someone direct me to the tools I will need to do this? Is there an app to assist me in designing the installer, or a website I can use to create the installer package?

Zane

Reaction score
Hi, Zane. macOS has a built-in font installer in Font Book.app. The simplest method is to double-click on the font and it will be installed in your ~/Library/Fonts folder. You can also right-click on the font file and select Open With > Font Book.app.

If you need better control of your font collection, you can purchase a font management app. Personally, I use Font Agent Pro to manage my 10,000+ font library which would be unthinkable to install and manage in my system folder. But Font Book.app should be able to handle and manage several hundred fonts.

Reaction score
Hi Tony,
Thank you but I understand how to install fonts on my Macbook using Font Book. That is not in question.

I will be having a link on my website. Users click on the link, download the package. The Windows one is up already. When they download it, and click on the download file, it auto installs the font into Windows Fonts so the user never has do the installing.

I want to create the same type of experience for those people who download my font to their Mac, if it is possible.

Ask a Question