iMovie movie

Reaction score
I am new to the Mac. Before I spend a lot of time learning iMovie and producing my movie, I want to know that my objective can reasonably be accomplished on iMovie, i.e. is my objective not a good fit for iMovie? From my looking at iMovie so far, it looks like it is mainly for piecing together a few clips of Video.

The Objective: I want to create a DVD with photographs (.jpgs), slides (like Power Point slides), possibly some video clip (but probably not), and an audio track. The last part of it will be peoples Bios, which are in Word .doc format. I will then make 100 copies and send them to friends. It is of a recent class reunion. The recipients will then put the DVD into their DVD player and watch on TV, or into their PC and watch it there. In all there might be 300-400 “clips” of .jpgs and .ppt and whatever.

Please don’t let me spend a lot of time, e.g. 40-80 hours producing this thing, if it will prove to not be a successful project. If you have additional suggestings, e.g. don’t use PowerPoint slides, but rather use the Title function in iMovie with black backgrounds, etd, please offer them.

Thanks

Ask a Question