iLife 06 has been ordered...

Reaction score
MikeCaine said:
It's probably not much use to use then.

I take photos and video and find iPhoto handy for ordering books from selected photos. For video work I find iMovie and iDvd very good indeed.

i have na ungodly amount of pictures but i tend to use view it on them
or preferbly acdsee on the pc side of things
(acdsee is my main hurdle im soo rooted to that aplication that its basically my subsitute for the windows explorer )

iphoto does nothing to me apart from being cumbersome

the only i app i use is itunes

Reaction score
I must admit that iPhoto is too simplified for my liking, and I honestly do not know what people rave about with it. It is very clumsy and has a terrible filing system although this has been improved upon recently.

I would much sooner use Adobe PS to edit my digital pictures - I have much more control over the whole photo. iPhoto seems a quick fix solution for beginners and those who like to take snapshots and just want to edit them very basically.

I like Garageband - although the basic version is not much good for a professional.

iTunes is free anyway on the internet.

iDVD looks okay, although not really used it.

IMovie also looks okay, but not really used it.

The new iWeb looks like a good addition though.

Having said all that, I do think it is good value for money. :)

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

I don't use iPhoto to "file" my images I have my own system ! I just use iPhoto to catalogue them.

I have to agree I don't edit in iPhoto...have been using Photoshop since it came out ! If you can afford it there's no better !

iTunes invaluable !

Garageband...iI don't really 'do' music so haven't had much of a play...

iDVD I've used it to make a couple of home DVD's nice and easy and quite professional !

iMovie is a good home tool...I tend to use Final Cut Express HD, it gives a bit more control !

iWeb is very nice ! If you've never made a website then this is great. Some very nice features and all nicely linked in with the other Apps. The 'styles' are good I have created a few sites in iWeb...then converted all the graphics in Photoshop and reassembled them in GoLive...

Good value for money !

regards

Ric

Ask a Question