Reaction score
super speedy service from Apple !!!

I now have my iLife 06 DVD...

...reviews later tonight !

regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
Just having a play with it now...looks good so far !

Will write a full review as I learn a bit more.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
I'm tempted to upgrade but I'd need to install it on my iMac and Powerbook.

Does the standard version of iLife 06 allow you to install it on a desktop and laptop (like Photoshop, etc.) or do you need to order the Family Pack, which I think allows 5 installs - 3 more than I need?

Regards

Mike

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

you 'legally' would need the Family pack, however Apple do nothing to stop you loading the standard version on as many Mac's as you would like, they 'trust' that you would buy the correct version.

From the new features that I have found so far in all the Apps I like it. It won't install on my Wifes iBook though G4 and above, only !!!

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Ric

Thanks for that. I wa going to order it online, but I'll be in Birmingham next week so I might pop into the Apple store there and get it

Cheers

Mike

Reaction score
Interesting. I thought iWeb would only work with .Mac, but presumably you can take the files that it generates and upload them to any webspace?

Ric

Reaction score
Yes,

you have two choices, click and 'publish' to your .mac account or 'publish to a folder.

When 'publishing' to a folder, this writes all the files to a local folder which you can then FTP where you want.

You can also edit these files in any HTML/graphics editor of your choice...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hey! I need help with ILife --- I am working on IMovie & ordered ILife to help reduce my background noise caused by my camera......Using the noise reduction works great for .....about 9 minutes & then after that...the audio & video are off....the video starts slowing down and then it skips......

Anyone else working in this area??

Thanks!
-k

Reaction score
I have an IMac G5. I was working on an 18 minute film -- the film had the background noise on the video camera motor.......so I installed ILife 06 to use the "noise reduction" feature. All was going well --- sounded great as I would apply it to the clips.......but then about 9 minutes into the movie, when I would play it , it is like the processor starts stuttering.....My video starts jerking, the audio starts skipping, it no longer matches (video with audio).....

I can't figure out yet.......

i'm going to try & change the playback quality to decrease the load on the processor.......

Reaction score
You could also try setting the processor performance to highest via system preferences ( energy saver > options).

Just as a matter of interest, it sounds more like a memory/cache problem - how much memory do you have in your iMac Kathy?

I ask this because video editing is both processor and memory intensive - you should at least be using 1 GB of memory, any less, and you will, no doubt, encounter problems.

You could try upping the cache for the video editing program you are using to a larger size too if the program allows such an option.

Reaction score
I had my processor performance on the highest.....changed it to the med setting. Still no good. then I shut the whole thing down.....turned it off....(thought I would never have to do that with my Mac ) and on med setting , it will run......i am now trying to burn a DVD of the partial work to see what it looks like.....

As for a memory problem....I thought that originally ....especially with the way it was performing....but I ck'ed that....I'm fine....

Any other ideas ?

Thanks for the help!!
-k

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome...

9 minutes is suspiciously similar to the 10 minute clip length in the Import prefs...can you just check whether the IMport Prefs are ticked ...10 mins

Possibly nothing to do with this but just a thought...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
what exactly is so special about ilife ?
i have ilife 05 ( it came with my latest toy a used imac G4 )
and so far the only thing i really use is itunes but i alwys used that
i dont use idvd or imovie hd let aloen iphoto or garageband

Reaction score
bluekatt said:
what exactly is so special about ilife ?
ii dont use idvd or imovie hd let aloen iphoto or garageband

It's probably not much use to use then.

I take photos and video and find iPhoto handy for ordering books from selected photos. For video work I find iMovie and iDvd very good indeed.

Reaction score
I have over 5000 photos and iPhoto is a great way of storing them !

iWeb is nice too makes publishing little websites real easy !

pb

Ask a Question