ichat help

Reaction score
ok so my ichat application is a little messed up... the window no longer displays any messages that i send out to people or messages they send to me. all it shows are the times, dates, and phrases like "Direct Instant Message Session ended/started"

i have tried restarting my computer, and quitting ichat several times. Nothing is working and i have no other ideas as to how to fix this... please help!

thx,
Limeguy64

Reaction score
ok so my ichat application is a little messed up... the window no longer displays any messages that i send out to people or messages they send to me. all it shows are the times, dates, and phrases like "Direct Instant Message Session ended/started"

i have tried restarting my computer, and quitting ichat several times. Nothing is working and i have no other ideas as to how to fix this... please help!

thx,
Limeguy64

Have you tried repairing permissions?

Reaction score
um no... i have no idea what that is... could you maybe elaborate or tell me how to use it?

i appreciate the help tho

Limeguy64

Reaction score
um no... i have no idea what that is... could you maybe elaborate or tell me how to use it?

i appreciate the help tho

Limeguy64

To repair permissions:

Open Disk Utility, located at /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
Select your startup disk on the left of the Disk Utility window
Select "First Aid" from the tabs if not already selected
Click the "Repair Disk Permissions" button

Reaction score
ok uh i just tried that but it still doesnt work...
do you have any other ideas?

limeguy64

Have you tried logging out and back in to your accounts or experimenting with iChats preferences or settings?
You can also delete iChat's playlists, but that would mean having to set up iChat all over again.

Ask a Question