ical keeps cycling on macbook pro

Reaction score
Hi, Having an issue with ical on my macbook pro. When I open it, it cycles. It won't stop. I am not technologically savvy so I don't understand a lot of the lingo. I'm one of those people that needs everything spelled out.
Really hoping someone can help me. Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi,

Are you saying that whenever you wake you MBP iCal automatically opens?

Hi, thank you for replying. No. whenever I open iCal, it just keeps cycling. I can't click on anything. I can't do anything - I can't even exit it. I have to force quit every time.
Thanks

Reaction score
To start delete the ~/Library/Preferences > com.apple.iCal plists there are a few of them alarms, helper, lockfile.

If that doesn't clear the problem... delete
~/Library/Calendar > Calendar Cache

If it still Beachballs
Remove all the Contents of ~/Library/Calendar

Reaction score
Thanks Kaveman. Unfortunately, I'm really not tech savvy. Are you saying that I should go to a website to delete the library from iCal? Or do I do it in iCal?
If I open iCal, I can't click on anything to find the library and delete it.
I apologize for being so helpless....I'm just not sure of the lingo.
Would you mind spelling it out for me a little more?
Thank you.
I will visit your website, too.
Sue

Reaction score
Hi,

Are you saying that I should go to a website to delete the library from iCal? Or do I do it in iCal?

No just do the following.
Hold down the alt key while pressing the Go menu and your Library folder will become un hidden, then just follow Kavemans hints.

Ask a Question