how to clean a imac?

Reaction score
i have purchased a i mac ,now i knew alot about pc but am totaly lost now, but im stuborn and want to leard mac.The reaSon i am posting this question is the i mac still has alot of the old users data on it,and id like to clean it up to use .I was not given the disks for the comp,but it does have osx 10.2 on it,my aunt says this will be good enough for me to learn ,she is the reason im switching.

so can anyone please help me get it cleaned, it would be greatly apreacited.......:confused:

Reaction score
i have purchased a i mac ,now i knew alot about pc but am totaly lost now, but im stuborn and want to leard mac.The reaSon i am posting this question is the i mac still has alot of the old users data on it,and id like to clean it up to use .I was not given the disks for the comp,but it does have osx 10.2 on it,my aunt says this will be good enough for me to learn ,she is the reason im switching.

so can anyone please help me get it cleaned, it would be greatly apreacited.......:confused:

Hello, the best way to accomplish this is to do an "Erase and install" of the operating system. Unfortunately, this will require an installation disc. However, this would be a very wise investment. Not only will you have a Mac with an error free operating system with no clutter, you will also be prepared for emergencies that may arise. Not to mention the fact that you can upgrade to the latest O.S. (depending on your Mac) as 10.2 is becoming obsolete. :)

Ask a Question