How do I make a disk image of a Mac formatted HD on a Windows machine?

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first time posting so first I want to say hello and thank you to all for any help.

My Macbook Pro the other day (a mid 2009 model) recently decided to not turn on any longer. I did a bit of research and it seems something must be wrong with the ram. I called Apple and I have applecare so I will be sending it in.

However they said that they might have to format my HD and I don't think I have backed it up to Time Machine in a little bit. So I have taken the HD out of my Macbook Pro and stuck it in a toaster style HD reader and have it hooked up to my girlfriends Windows machine and want to make a disk image of it just in case, but am not sure what to use as this is a Mac formatted disk.

Any suggestions on what to use?

(sorry I know this isn't directly related to Mac, but figured Mac users would know more about Mac formatted disks than on a windows forum)

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Ask a Question