Hidden Files

Reaction score
My hard drive died (this SUCKS!) and the repair guys put a new one in. I had a time machine backup that wasn't to old so I figured I would just backup from that as I had all my pictures uploaded to SmugMug and that was all that mattered anyway. Well I restored from my time machine backup. While it got all my apps, namely photoshop 6, it did not pull over any pictures or music. It did pull a few stupid files that seemed to have no rhyme or reason and they were in "my files" in finder. Whats confusing is if I go to "about this mac" it says that I have 1 terabyte of storage but only 700gb available and that 300 is in "other". Where are these files? I had about 300 gb in pics and music on my other computer but I can't find the files on this one. Its annoying though because they are actually taking up the space on my computer. What do I do to actually find these files?

TIA

Reaction score
Did you migrate in the backed up User Account?
and then log into that account?

Ask a Question