Help with a script that pulls files from specifically named folders

Reaction score
Hi all, thanks in advance for any help!

I have a folder on a server with thousands of subfolders that contain Logic session folders (digital audio workstation sessions). Each of these session folders contains a folder named "Bounces" that has audio files I want to index. I use a sound effects library tool called Soundly that will index audio files for search.

Can I perhaps index all the files in all of these bounce folders to a location without copying the actual files? And then point Soundly to this location to be able to search and play these files?

Let me know if you have any ideas, I don't know where to start! Thanks again!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

That is quite a large undertaking, since the files reside on a server and there are probably other files in those folders that you probably don't want indexed.

I really think the best place to start would be by contacting Soundly and give them the scenario. They would probably understand what you are trying to accomplish and may have a good starting suggestion. I don't have any experience with this sort of project, so it would be interesting to hear what they have to say and we can go from there.

C

Ask a Question