Firewall

Reaction score
Heya

I've only had my MacBook for 4 days and I've always used a pc, so please bear with me and my stupid questions.

1. Is there a firewall with Mac OS X? If so, where is it and how do I enable it?

2. My next question is extremely embarrassing! I can find the backspace key, but where the heck is the delete key? Sorry to be so dim!

Thanks in advance.

I have a 2Ghz Intel Core Duo with 512MB RAM - do you need any more information than that?

Reaction score
Heya

I've only had my MacBook for 4 days and I've always used a pc, so please bear with me and my stupid questions.

1. Is there a firewall with Mac OS X? If so, where is it and how do I enable it?

2. My next question is extremely embarrassing! I can find the backspace key, but where the heck is the delete key? Sorry to be so dim!

Thanks in advance.

I have a 2Ghz Intel Core Duo with 512MB RAM - do you need any more information than that?

Hi Zarzha :)

The firewall is located under "sharing" in system preferences. Click "start" to begin the firewall, and then click "advanced" to enable stealth mode etc.

The delete key on a mac keyboard is usually on the second row from the top, underneath F12 and F13, and is labelled "delete"

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

Some Mac Keyboards only have the 'backspace key', (but we generally call that the delete key ?) maybe that's why you can't find it ;-)

Depending on what software you are in the 'backspace' key also operates as the 'delete' key just hold down the shift key and then press the backspace key.

This will then delete 'forwards' from the cursor...

In some Apps holding down the option key and the the backspace key will delete the entire word.

If you are at all unsure about your Firewall settings let us know and we can post a couple of screengrabs for you.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Thank you both so much for your help. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but this is the first time that I've been able to get to use my new mac!! I haven't got an F13 key, and the F12 nor any of the other keys says delete underneath it! :eek:

But thanks for the tips anyway, I really appreciate them.

Sarzha :)

Ask a Question