Entourage for MAc Rules No Longer Working

Reaction score
I have used Entourage as email client for many years. LAst week rules stopped working. After trying many online suggestions I just deleted them all and have slowly re building them. Even the few I have still do not work. I can get them to work if I select just one message and apply the specific rule but it will not automatically filter incoming mail. I have tried changing all the setting "if any criteria" 'all criteria" "only contains" "is" etc but nothing works. Please advise. I rely on these rules for all business. Is there a preference I can remove?I have added nothing new to my system or apps. Am running Macbook Pro OS 10.6.7
Thank you

karazelle

Reaction score
In your ~/Documents folder is a "Microsoft User Data" folder. Within that is an Office 2008 Identities folder. Within that is a "Main identity" folder and others if you actually used the identity feature.

Inside that is a separate file for Rules. I recommend that you do a backup of the Main Identity folder while Entourage is not running and trash, empty trash the Rules file. Then load Entourage again holding down the Alt key and make it perform a check of your mail data. Then open Entourage and see if it was solved?

If nothing now works, trash the old identity folder and replace with the one you backed up.

Ask a Question