Entourage for Mac 2004

Reaction score
I received an e-mail message that has "blanked out" all other messages for that same day. I cannot see the message but know that it is there. When I simply roll the cursor over that area, I instantly get a message that reads "The action could not be completed. An unknown error (4362) has occurred."

I just want to delete the message but am unable to get to it to do so.

Need help.

Steps that I have tried are as follows: I uninstalled Office and removed the rescue folder and emptied the trash. Then I re-installed Office. When the install was completed, the program somehow retrieved all of the same messages and the problem was back

Reaction score
Errors 4363 and 4362 usually means that you need to rebuild your database in Entourage, even if you "check database integrity" and it says it is OK. But you shouldn't lose any emails - just hold down the option key as you launch Entourage and it will give you the option to rebuild your database, which you should take. When the database approaches 2GB in size you can start to have crashes and error messages, so it is important to keep your database size down. So, regularly remove attachments from messages in your Inbox and Sent Items folder to keep it as small as possible. If you do lose a lot of emails through a crash, there is an app called EntourAid that will recover them for you. They give you a free trial so you can try it out before you pay.

Ask a Question