El Capitan Storage Issue

Reaction score
So i currently updated my mac os to the new os x "El Capitan" and once it was completed i revised my storage and noticed that i still had about 81GB free of the 120GB. Although while looking under the (About this mac/storage) category it shows that the bars memory ratio has reached it limit. Again, im not having any problems downloading anything as i indeed have the 81GB of free space, but im rather just concerned on why the chart is not showing different. if any one could help or recommend any methods i would truly appreciate it. thank You.! (i also included a pictures).

Screen Shot 2015-10-01 at 11.42.04 PM.png

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

That is strange...may just be a bug in El Capitan. If you performa a Get Info on the hard drive in Finder, and the free space is reported is the same, then I bet it will be fixed in an update, or possibly work itself out after Spotlight finishes indexing the hard drive and you have restarted a few times.

Let us know if it corrects itself.

C

Ask a Question