Disk Repair not working

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm having a problem using disk repair. I was having problems with garageband crashing so i went to disk utilities and did verify disk... it found a few problems, so i tried to start it up from the install dvd by holding down the c key on startup. the apple logo comes up, and it starts loading, but it just sits there with the little wheel spinning. if i start up the computer normally, it boots up just fine. am i just being impatient? i let it sit for about 5 minutes and it didn't do anything. thanks.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm having a problem using disk repair. I was having problems with garageband crashing so i went to disk utilities and did verify disk... it found a few problems, so i tried to start it up from the install dvd by holding down the c key on startup. the apple logo comes up, and it starts loading, but it just sits there with the little wheel spinning. if i start up the computer normally, it boots up just fine. am i just being impatient? i let it sit for about 5 minutes and it didn't do anything. thanks.

Hi :)

Try this ... with the installation disc in the drive, go to:

System Preferences ~> Startup Disc

Wait a while as the Mac tries to detect all startup volumes/discs ... when your install disc shows up, click it to highlight it and press Restart.

See if you can succeed with that ... I gather you are intending on running Disc Utility that's on the installation disc?

Ask a Question