Clicks!

Reaction score
Hi. I'm brand new to automator. Is there any way I could do something, and like record the actions? Specifically with mouse clicks. Theres come very monotonous stuff I have to do. Could I set up automator so it's like Click there, wait five seconds, click another place, wait five seconds. and repeat? If I could actually do it once then like play it over that would be great but giving in the coordinates on the screen would be fine too. Thanks!

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

there are better ways of doing this but using different options...

AppleScript GUI scripting can click buttons etc...

Best thing to do, give us one detailed example of what you would like to do and we'll try and show you the way forward...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hello!

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but it might be. Here it is in Zip form. It is an applescript. My friend made it so if it doesn't work, I won't know what's wrong. What this script does is it moves the finder window to specific coordinates on the desktop. Now, you can make it move any window you want, but you will have to go in and edit the script. Also, the first full line of code, you should see Macintosh HD in quotation marks. If that's your HD name, you're all set. Just run the script. Otherwise, change the name in the script so your computer can see it. If it has a different name, you will get an error code.

Don't worry, it is a harmless script. I just ran it on my machine and it works great! :)

I hope this helps!

Cheerio
Searay

Attachments

• Move_Finder.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 336

Ask a Question