catch 22

Reaction score
please can someone help?
I aquired a mac G3 (bondi blue) running os 9.2 and am going to use it as a dedecated internet machine, BUT unfortunately i can't get on the net, i havn't got a browser. I tried downloading firfox but couldn't use it because it came as a .dmg file when i tried to (initialize ?) it, the process was cancalled and i got errors. someone did it for me and upon installing that i was told it wouldn't work on this os. i need an internet browser tha will run on os 9.2 but cannot download it cos i need a browser to download it,but i cannot download it as i need a browser to dowload it,can you see where i'm going here?. I also bought os 10 install disk from ebay this also hangs on startup from the cd. i think i need firmware updates which i cannot get cos i need a browser to download them.
Can someone help me?

I have firmware updates for :
G4 cube
G4
I book
I mac
& Powerbook
sys info
Powermac G3 series Power PC G3 300mhz

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I have been in your situation recently when I purchased a used mac which ran on OS 9. I use 10.4.11 and didn't know what browser/email client would work for this OS.

In the end I was able to surf the net using iCab. You will have problems with some websites though. I mainly had problems with eBay. I can't recall which email client I used off hand but here are a couple of links for you to look over:

iCab - The Taxi for the Internet

WaMCom

Claris Emailer

Reaction score
thanks for the help guys helped a lot using icab and exporer atm, both with some limited functionality. :)

Ask a Question