Cannot Print To Wireless Lexmark Printer

Reaction score
I am trying to add my MacBook Pro (running OS 10.6.8) to my current wireless network that has a Lexmark 6570 printer on it. I have not been successful at running the installation package so that I can print wirelessly to the printer. I can print with a USB connection to the printer, but not wirelessly. Any ideas about what to do?

Reaction score
Have you downloaded the correct version from the website.
Never use the CD that come with printers they are always out of date.

Reaction score
Yes, I have downloaded the latest installer and printer driver from Lexmark and it doesn't solve the problem. I have also tried to simply add the printer by using the printer's IP address and when I try to print a test page it simply says that the printer is busy. The printer is online and ready, I can ping it with no problem and I can print to it from other computers on my network.

Reaction score
Maybe its an order of setup issue?

When you have the Printer connected via USB and have got to the add printer section of the Lexmark setup software

Go to Systems Preferences
Printers and Scan (of Fax, whatever your OS X version says)
Click the +
Choose IP or Network (again depends on OS X version)
Get the IP address from the printer setup dialog or direct from the printer printers own preferences
Add that to the Address fiend and chose IPP protocol (most likely option)
Hopefully you have a working wireless printer!

Cheers

Mac Lifesaver

Reaction score
Are you sure that Lexmark printers support wireless printing from 10.6.8? Apple did a lot of work on printer drivers in 10.7 which improved support with a wider range of printers. Assuming that you've checked that it "ought" to work, start here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3669

Ask a Question