cannot access previous account

Reaction score
Hi,

I have imac 20" and have been recieving recurring errors indications of "you need to restart your computer". following the help instraction (after rebooting and reseting memory) I have re-installed osx (archive).

I have manged to log on as usual, but after sw updates, the computer restarted and I was requested to re-register my account. this time, however, it was treeted as new account and I do not have access anymore to my old account:( (files, definitions, setup...)

I can see folders that seems to lead to that account, but i do not have permission. in any case, I would prefer to activate the old account rather then just transfer the files.
Appreciate any help...

Thanks,
rosti

Reaction score
Re: cannot access previous account-update

Well, good news and bad news.

The good news first , I managed to revert back. it appears that when I had to re-register I changed one letter in the name, causing a different home directory name. the solution is to go to users directory, change the latest home folder (the new incorrect one) to a different name, change the old, desired one to the new name, log out, log in and ...done.

Ahm, now for the bad news. the issue with the computer crashing when going standby continue even after the system reinstall

bugger...

Reaction score
Start up from the installation DVDs and run the standard diagnostics: verify disk. See if there is anything wrong.

Ask a Question