Can Automator Send Mail in Plain Text

Reaction score
I have an Automator workflow as a folder action so that when a file is added to the folder, it sends the file as an email attachment to a web server for posting. The web server requires the email in plain text format to accept the attachment. Even though my email preferences are set to plain text, the automator New Mail Message module sends it in rich text format. I've added a Watch Me Do that changes the format of the outgoing message to plain text, but 25% of the time it still goes out in rich text.

Is there any way to force Automator to create and send an email in plain text format?

Thanks for any help,
Ken

Reaction score
I don't see anywhere to specify the Email Format, the ones I've sent are all plain text but they don't have attachments. Could there be something in the attachment that trips it to RTF?

Reaction score
The file is a jpeg. Adding a jpeg in Mail doesn't switch it out of plain text. I'll see if I can test automator with another file type.

Ken

Reaction score
No sure if you made process on this, but I ran into something interesting.

A Signature that gets automatically applied can change the email format from Plain Text to HTML.

Ask a Question