SOLVED BigSUR

Reaction score
I have an iMAc mini 2018 with BigSur11.0.1 installed. When I try to update with 11.2.3 version it will not do it. Through software update it downloads version and then advises there is a problem with my internet provider. Just changed internet providers and same message.
Also on checking through forum someone recommended CC Cleaner. Downloaded but it will not open. Any ideas please.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-24 at 15.28.38.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-24 at 15.28.38.png
    18 KB · Views: 51
Reaction score
Try the App Store instead. Do a search for “macOS Big Sur.” Click on “View” and then “Get.” It should download the installer directly into your Applications folder and start the installation as soon as the download finishes.

If this fails, you can use Terminal, or, if that still fails, Internet Recovery. But let’s wait to see if the App Store route will work for you. The Software Update in System Preferences is not the most reliable method of updating/upgrading, albeit the simplest.

Ask a Question