Yes, many things. I have tried to keep things pretty much like I had them on Catalina, but things are getting really complicated.Do users who have downloaded Big Sur like it? Any problems with apps?
Dear Dennis74, I also am having similar issues since I downloaded Big Sur onto my MacBook Pro a few months ago. At first everything worked normally/better, but over time I notice increasing glitches, including the fingerprint ID never working. Other issue around AirPod connection stability, repeated crashing of Messages, and occasionally the whole computer crashes & reboots. I'm sure it's buggy software, but idk how to resolve.Yes, many things. I have tried to keep things pretty much like I had them on Catalina, but things are getting really complicated.
* I am being asked ID's and passwords all the time, even though I have them all set up with LastPass.
* I am constantly having to identify photos of stoplights, cars, busses, crosswalks, etc. (from crappy low-res photos) to confirm I'm really a human.
* My Mail app is putting messages everywhere. For example, the same messages show up in several folders: All inboxes, Today, Bulk mail, and various smart mailboxes. I have to then delete them from each folder. I have various email addresses (ATT, Google, Apple cloud) but I try to use only the ATT server.
* I often cannot use my fingerprint ID and have to enter a password.
* If I leave the computer alone after dark, photos tend to mate and multiply. I have several photos with 3 or 4 duplicates. Sexy little devils.
* To view or edit JPG/JPEG files, the Photos app is not one of the choices for "Open with." Usually, Preview is the default app.
These are some of the most frustrating issues, but there are others that I can't recall right now. I'm nearing 80 years of age and have been pretty good at keeping up with technology, I started using computers running CPM on a KAYPro, so I'm not a beginner. But, technology is now running faster than I can. I have tried getting a "computer expert" to help me set things up, but they normally use their own shortcuts to get things realigned, but it's too complicated for me to follow should it happen again.
I would prefer going back to Catalina, but was told I couldn't without losing a lot of files and data. I'd have to erase my hard drive and start over from scratch. My older MacBook pro isn't able to upgrade to Big Sur, and it's easier to use than my new MacBook pro.
Sure, I could solve my issues by constantly paying someone to do it, but that gets terribly expensive (time, mileage and money) for so many little things.
I'm frustrated and probably won't get any resolution through this forum, but thanks for hearing me out.
I don't have the open with photo option in high sierra, can't remember when we last had this option, maybe in OS X.To view or edit JPG/JPEG files, the Photos app is not one of the choices for "Open with." Usually, Preview is the default app.
Do you get the following message, (Password is required to enable touch id) If so have a look at my screen shot and make sure the boxe's are unticked, under security and privacy then advanced.I often cannot use my fingerprint ID and have to enter a password.
I would possibly think about rebuilding the affected mail boxes.My Mail app is putting messages everywhere.
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
|Display issues with BIG SUR , with Zoom and Chrome||5|
|Big Sur slow on MacBook Professional 2019||2|
|SOLVED Back up with Big Sur||9|
|SOLVED Podcasts not appearing in Finder window (for iPod) after upgrading to Big Sur||3|
|Airdrop Macbook Icon (Big Sur)||3|
|Mojave to Big Sur and back||3|
|Big Sur install glitch||4|
|On My iMac with Big Sur||1|