Beginner in the world of the mac

Reaction score
Hello there, ive currently purchased a mac and im connected to my universities internet connection, i wish to download a file sharing software but because im on the uni's connection i can only share music with people in this building, is there any way past this and how as a mac user shud i download the proper software for file sharing

thanks very very very much for your time

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

I presume you mean a P2P app like Limewire ?

Depending on how the University's firewall's are setup, they are probably blocking certain ports, so that P2P and other bandwidth hogging software won't work.

This is commonplace and most Uni's are the same...

Let us know what app you had in mind...

The easiest way would be to buy one of the Computer Science students a beer and see if they can help ;-)

If the network engineers are any good, then even if you do find a way round it, they will soon find it and shut down the loop hole !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
apparently other people are able to use morpheus but everytime i try to download it i am unable to find an application that is able to open it, any ideas???

Thanks again for your help:)

Ask a Question