BBC iPlayer freezing system

Reaction score
Hey all,

Not too sure if this is an OS or Firefox problem, so forgive me if i'm it's in the wrong area

I've scoured google for a while trying to find a solution but alas nothing so far.

Basically, when I try and watch something on the BBC iPlayer (www.bbc.co.uk/iPlayer) Firefox attempts to load the program for a few seconds...and then goes AWOL and freezes indefinitely until i restart the browser. (i'm presuming it's not Firefox, as Safari does this also).

I used to be able to watch programs pretty regularly but stopped due to internet going down for a while (though no more than a few months ago).

I have downloaded and installed the latest OS X updates and have the latest Firefox and Flash versions, so i'm not too sure where the problem lies.

Any suggestions would be great! (if it helps it's a Macbook 2Ghz 1Gb Intel Core Duo 2 thing).

Cheers,

Paul

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

try running Repair Disk permissions/repair disk in disk utilities.

Do you have anything else running at the same time ?

I have iPlayer working on acouple of mac's with no problems.

(Wifey is currently watching Tess of the Durbaville's via the wii on the tv !)

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Ric,

Have just tried the Repair Disk Permissions; the problem still persists though.

Just have the usual open (iTunes & Last.Fm usually), but happens with nothing open also.

Just a query: what OS version and Flash version are you running on your macs? with which browser??

Really don't know much diagnostic stuff when it comes to Macs but i'm learnin as I go! :D

cheers for the help,

paul

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

OS 10.5.5

Firefox 3.01

Flash 9.0 r124

If you go to this folder...

Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Logs/CrashReporter

and find the Firefox/Safari logs and then email them to me as an attachment. (Don't copy and paste!) (e-mail address removed)

I''l have alook at them tomorrow.

regards

Ric

Ask a Question