Automate a Daily task for work

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i recently started to read about automator and im wondering if this app can help me automate a daily task for work. What i would like it to do is this:

1. Open a browser,
2. Log in the website
3. click on a link (that is added daily) that will lead you to a popup that contains the information i need (product order) to extract.
4. Extract that information based on the current date.
5. place it in a pre-formated excel file that will arrange the data

In the end i would like to have a application that will do all of this and i would just have to open that excel file and view my daily order in a easier way instead of always consulting the barcode of each item.

This website uses javascript for the popup, the website i want to login is: http://webedi.terra.com.mx/

Any ideas where could i start? or if this idea is possible in automator

Thanks in advanced

Reaction score
Nice one, sorry, not really a job for Automator and probably a major ask for AppleScript. Is excel scriptable at all?

If you find a solution let me know as I've got many uses for this;-)

Reaction score
Thanks Kaveman, while I was waiting and reading up on Automator I realized this was a job for applescript, i will let you know if this script is successful

Thanks

Ask a Question