Are you a 'Switcher' ?

Have you always used Mac's ?

• I'm a switcher ! (originally used PC's)

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Always used a Mac !

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
Reaction score
LOL !

But you aren't switching...you are using both.

There are lots of Application launchers etc that may help.

It's worse for you because you are still using both sytems. If 6 years ago you had sold/binned your PC's then you would (possibly) find Macs a little less frustrating.

You can see the best of both worlds and thats where the frustration comes in...

Every day I use multiple OS's and understand where you are coming from.

I don't understand the problem with Finder windows ? What would you like them to do ?

regards

Ric

im stil trying to switch and i made a good effort and headway in 2002 with a imac under mac os 8.5 it was running fine and i was getting used to the mac until the imac decided to die on me

i cant say my macintosh road has been easy which is why i might be wary and leery of the so called ease of use of the mac

and i suppose your right because for every foible or attack on windows i can think up an awnser
hard ware just works under mac os x same with windows xp rarley had a problem if i did it was the hard wares fault
mac os x is rock solid so is xp i only managed to get it to display a bsod once and that was 3 years ago

not that i am a windows fan but soem unsubstantiated remarks just get to irritate me

what i want from the finder windows is a clear neat arrangement
i want to be able to acces the window i want with out having to resort to
expose or randomly click away or minimalising windows til i finally find the window i want before having to look for the other window i want line them up and then copy a fiel by dragging them from one window to another

windows explorer is not better but something are at least easier

my biggest problem how ever is that i dont even use windows explorer
i use acdsee as a shel program to circumvent explorer and i have been for 8 years now

im dependant on acdsee and so far i have not found an equivalent for mac os which makes the transition harder

Reaction score
Three years ago or so, I had no desire to own a computer until I noticed a friend of mine having a blast downloading tunes and burning them on CD's. So, I thought hmmmm this seems pretty cool. Fortunately, Another friend was kind enough to give me her old beat up Compaq that ran Windows 98 which I used to download a few tunes and browse the net until the poor thing became virus infected and eventually broke down a month later. Noticing that my internet connection wasn't very useful without a computer and wanting to experiment with different things, I asked all of my computer savvy friends what they recommended for a computer and oddly (Now, looking back, not odd at all.) enough the smartest of my friends including two of them who ran Windows recommended buying a Mac! So, I bought a Mac. What a machine!! Yes, indeed I'm a switcher but never again. Lol!:)

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Your friends set you up well, Walrus! Funny enough I too had no intentions of delving into the world of computers until I was offered an older Mac for $50 and I couldn't say no ... I love using them now!

Reaction score
Your friends set you up well, Walrus! Funny enough I too had no intentions of delving into the world of computers until I was offered an older Mac for $50 and I couldn't say no ... I love using them now!
How right you are! Definitely one of the best investments I ever made. It's unfortunate that most of my WinDoze using friends spend so much time dealing with viruses, spyware and adware that they never learn to do anything besides the browsing, chat lines and email thing. I really believe that if some of them had Macs they would be having much more fun and doing a heck of a lot more!
:)

Reaction score
Yeah I am a switcher. I remember making fun of a frind that had one of the old i-Macs running os 8 or os 9

I wonder whos laughing now

(once you go mac you'll never go back)