Apple's Suggested "Do Immediately" Security Patches ?

Reaction score
Hello,

Just would like to be sure:

Keep reding about how important it is to immediately get the security patches that Apple is recommending,
immediately.

So, I just updated my MAC Desktop running Monterrey to: 12.5.1
And my iPhone to: 15.6.1

Did I do (everything) that they suggested and required on both ?
Anything else ?

Thanks, as always,
Bob

Reaction score
Hello,

Just would like to be sure:

Keep reding about how important it is to immediately get the security patches that Apple is recommending,
immediately.

So, I just updated my MAC Desktop running Monterrey to: 12.5.1
And my iPhone to: 15.6.1

Did I do (everything) that they suggested and required on both ?
Anything else ?

Thanks, as always,
Bob
Security updates mean that Apple discovered and recently fixed vulnerabilities to macOS, so yes, it’s vital that you install these security updates right away. These are usually accompanied by updates to Safari, and other net-related Apple apps.

Apple also regularly update their security systems and are normally updated without your intervention, although some conditions might prevent these automatic updates. Some of these include XProtect, MRT, Gatekeeper, KEXT, etc. I use a free utility to check and manually update them should the automatic updates not work. It’s called SilentKnight. You can get a copy from the author’s web site:

Click on the Downloads tab to see all your choices. As I mentioned, my go-to app is SilentKnight, but there are others to choose from.

Ask a Question