Amazon Createspace's Demands for .iso files from MAC users

Reaction score
Hello all...

I make films for Amazon Createspace, or at least I did until a year or so ago when they started demanding every submission be a .iso file uploaded directly to their site instead of a DVD mailed in and made from my .dv, .mov, or .m4v files in iMovie... What I have are these 4 gig and up .dv and .mov and .m4v files that need to be converted to an .iso file but my files are GRAYED OUT when I try the disk utility route... they are 4 gig movies in size, or bigger, and I have no idea how to do these. DOES ANYONE have a very simple explanation for how to do this? Thanks way in advance! And please, say to push this button or that one. I am 54, fairly computer illiterate, and have taught myself using David Pogue's books that should have been the box (they weren't). Please say it in plain language as to what to do; like you are talking to your grandfather about it!!

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of Mac OS X?

You could try the steps in this article: How To Create ISO Disc Image from CD/DVD in Mac OS X

It isn't quick and easy, but should work for you. Let us know if it doesn't.

C

Thanks for the welcome!!

I am running 10.10.5 2013 Yosemite OSX system that I bought in July of this year, due to a crash of my late August 2008 iBeast desktop (4 gigs of RAM 1 terrabyte of memory) in which I lost about two months of stuff not transferred yet to my 8 terrabytes of Western Digital storage boxes... and will probably never see again...

I also have a 2006 WHITE computer as Sheldon Cooper calls it, a 2006 system running TIGER and set for LATE November 2006 so that I can still export film to digital 8 camera, and it runs iMovie 06 (HD) (the best, save for the grainier graphics). I have just configured this new 2015 to be able to read iMovie HD from my eight terrabytes of storage, and will not be updated anything on it for fear of losing this ability to read those files from the 2006 on the 2015...

I recenrly downloaded a thing balled BURN, which is great, except the JOLIET requirement only lets me run 2 gigs of total information, and ,my movies are all 4. something in size... so I had to drop it to 35 minutes, and go 520 res instead of 720 (these movies are 40 gigs in full res, BTW, shot on an iPhone6!)

Would love to get a BURN thingy that ran greater that 2 gigs in JOLIET but while the other things offered (HFS MAC+, MAC + PC, and whatever else offered on BURN) will give me an ISO file, of sorts, , Amazon CREATESPACE won't take anything but the JOLIET stuff...

Again, thanks for any help you can give me!!

When I try to use DISK UTILITY, my movies are always GRAYED OUT and I can not access them in anything (.m4v, .mov, or .dv)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks. I got a thing called PERMUTATE from the other thread and it worked just fine for nearly forty gigs in a film!!!!

Ask a Question