6 digit passcode?

Reaction score
I have no proof of purchase, but it is known with Apple, and they have the serial number etc on the system as they have emailed the number.
Is that any good if I carried it to the apple shop in Leicester?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
It doesn't hurt to try, but they will ultimately be the ones to determine eligibility.

Good luck,

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
The Apple Store Genius Bar costs money to ask a question? That doesn't sound right. Or did you mean over the phone?

C

Reaction score
The story this far, Mac now at woodgate computers, Leicester, seem very clued up about stuff. I explained what had happened and where I was with it, I said about no data showing. Anyway they have pulled drive and accessed it, but it's not showing any of my data on it? They say it's like it's been formatted? Not by me!
It's now on a data recovery search that can take up to a week to do. I don't think when it crashed and started back up with the passcode etc it had time to reformat the drive somehow?
Does anyone know if this is some kind of Apple encryption, masking of data that only Apple software can access?
The repair centre has said they have never had something like this before?
Idea So?
Ian

Ask a Question