101 Snippets

Reaction score
If you're like my good friend, Spawn Dooley and have the desire to play an occasional sound track backwards (number nine, number nine) then you might find this script useful.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Open iTunes.
2. Play the sound track (You don't have to play it all the way).
3. Pause the sound track.
4. Move the iTunes Player's play head to the desired location (Usually at the end of the sound track).
5. Open the script.
6. Run the script.

If you want to replay the sound track backwards, click the "Run" button on the Script Editor not the play button on the QuickTime Player. :)

Attachments

• BackwardsiTunes.scpt.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 395

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I had some issues as a result of running the VisibilityBitToggler.script, I couldn't drag anything to my Desktop as "The Desktop Cannot Be Modified" alerts appeared when I tried to drag a photo from my iPhoto Library window onto the Desktop. Then I discovered that some Desktop folders had vanished. I was able to return one of the folders but there may have been another one or two, I can't recall. Also, the invisible folder that I created using "MyInvisibleFolder.script is definitely gone for good, AFAICS .... The Desktop is back to its old self too, thank goodness.

I put it down to User Error ;)

That backwards script is amazing, W666! How do you do these things so easily?

Some musicians and audio engineers have used a technique called backmasking to insert hidden lyrics into songs. When a song is played backwards, only then can the new backmasked lyrics be heard.

Backmasking Examples

Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
Stairway To Heaven
Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Albino Blacksheep » Flash Videos » Backmask

Reaction score
Actually, in addition to some of my scripts I added scripts that were downloaded from the web. Some of them I modified, some left as they were. The best way to learn how to make an Applescript would be to run these scripts and see what they do and eventually combine the bits of code from each one to another, perhaps adding some of your own bits in the process. I must have tried the invisible folder script around twenty times on Tiger & Leopard without any problems. Just in case, it's in the archives. ZAP! :D

Reaction score
Here's an example of some modified scripts. The first script does a Google search of whatever is pasted on your clipboard, which I downloaded from the web and thought it was pretty good with a couple of exceptions. What if there's nothing on the clipboard or what if you don't want to do a search for whatever is pasted on the clipboard? So, I modified it by adding code that would enable the user to specify the search that he/she would like to perform and as a result came up with the second script. Being pleased with the second script, I modified it to perform a Google search for "images" and as a result came up with the third script. This is my favorite method to use learning AppleScript and there's still a long way to go. :D

Attachments

• GoogleSearch.scpt.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 379
  • GoogleSearch2.scpt.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 390
  • GoogleImageSearch.scpt.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 376
Reaction score
Here's a couple more AppleScripts. The first script will lock all of the files in a chosen folder and the second script will unlock all of the files in a chosen folder. Hence, the names, FileLocker & FileUnlocker. :D

Attachments

• FileLocker.scpt.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 385
  • FileUnlocker.scpt.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 382
Reaction score
Here's one that will come in handy if you need to empty the trash that's filled with stubborn locked files. It's called "ForceEmptyTrash". :)
It worked! I had a very stubborn (the item is still in use .pdf) but this sent it on it's way. Thanks.

Ask a Question