Weird Digital Distortion...

Reaction score
This happens intermittently (see photo)

Any ideas? I hear this is the place to ask.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-11 at 11.20.31.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-04-11 at 11.20.31.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 286

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which exact model Mac?
-Which version of OS X?
-Is it totally random, or does it happen when using the same application - i.e. Adobe After Effects?

Normally, that is a sign that the video card or display is failing, but it could be a software issue depending on the answers to the above questions.

C

Reaction score
Hey!
Thanks for replying! it's a late 2013 iMac, Graphics card is NVIDA GeForce GTX 775M 2048
It's totally random! At first I thought it was just AE but it can happen at any time.
I shall look into my video card and display.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

I would simply take it to an Apple Store for a hardware diagnostic if you have one close to you. Let us know what you find out.

C

Reaction score
Hey

just a quick update - still having the issue, haven't been able to find the time to take it into a store at this point so tried to run a hardware diagnostics test to see if the graphics card was failing but when I try and boot it up my screen remains black except for in faded grey at the bottom it says "shut down" and "restart" but none of the usual graphic buttons that accompany that text when apple diagnostics loads. Any further ideas?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Definitely sounds like a hardware issue...I still suggest getting it checked out..

Good luck,

C

Ask a Question