Usb Ethernet

Reaction score
Hi all, I seem to having a problem here I can't resolve.
The situation is as follows, I need to connect a Macbook Pro and a Macbook Air to an ethernet internet connection. My Macbook pro doesn't have a problem with this because it has an Ethernet port. The Macbook Air only has USB-Ethernet so I bought a Sitecom Gigabit network Usb adapter version LN-031 v1.

This adapter wouldn't work because I needed to install the right drivers on the Macbook Air so the adapter could be used, this is where the problem starts. Along with the adapter came a disc with the drivers on it. The Macbook Air doesn't have a disc drive so I tried copying the files from my Macbook Pro on an Usb stick but this didn't work. I guess the CD was protected. After I contacted Apple Support they supplied me with an online link to download the drivers : Driver Link
Because my Macbook Pro had internet connection, I downloaded the drivers and put them on Usb. When I tried to install them on the Macbook Air it says it couldn't install succesfully at the final step of installation. I downloaded the right drivers but it just won't install, what should I do ? Any help would be very much appreciated !

Thanks in advance,

Sam

Reaction score
I'm stuck already, here's the first step :
Be sure both computers are connected to the same network.

The Macbook Air obviously has no network connection, damn.

Reaction score
I solved my problem by creating a shared network hosted by my macbook pro, I used the ethernet network and shared it via wi-fi to the airport of the macbook air. Once they were connected I used the 'share disc drive' function and successfully installed the needed drivers on the macbook air all from my macbook pro.

Thanks for the help guys, thread can be closed.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Glad you got it sorted Sam_v, thanks for posting back with the fix in case others come here looking for answers for that very same problem :)

Ask a Question