There is something wrong with my macbook!

Reaction score
I have a macbook pro running os x Yosemite with 4 GB of ram and 440 GB of available storage space on the hard drive. My problem is that my applications do not work. When I start them, I get the spinning beachball and the program becomes unresponsive. This has been going on for a long time. But one day I tried to open Photo Booth. as usual it was unresponsive and didn’t open. But I then started to write some essays and I forgot I tried to open Photo Booth without force quitting it. All of a sudden, Photo booth popped up. I don’t know how long I left it there. Maybe an hour or 2. But when Photo Booth opened, ALL of my other applications started working. The problem with this is that if I restart or close photo booth, everything will become unresponsive again. But after some time I eventually had to restart my mac because finder kept freezing. I tried opening photo booth and leaving it there. 2 hours have passed but still nothing. I know my issue is not a failing hard drive because FOR SOME REASON MY APPLICATIONS WORK IN SAFE BOOT.

To provide more information, here are a list of things I have tried to fix this problem:

Opening applications in terminal
Verifying and repairing disk permissions
Removing ever application on my mac
Creating another user account
Reset PRAM
Reset SMC
Reinstalling os x and erasing everything

Please give me a solution to this problem. Thanks in advance!

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Try launching any app then look in Console & post here, there will be something logged that will point us in the right direction hopefully!

Reaction score
Try launching any app then look in Console & post here, there will be something logged that will point us in the right direction hopefully!

Photo booth being the main one, I attempted to open it (still unresponsive and bouncing in the dock) I looked at the console and no new log popped up. But when I force quit Photo Booth, this is what I get in console:

3/27/15 4:05:14.992 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.PhotoBooth.7700[343]) Service exited due to signal: Terminated: 15
3/27/15 4:05:17.118 PM spindump[317]: Saved hang report for Photo Booth version 7.0 (724) to /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/Photo Booth_2015-03-27-160517_Savions-MacBook-Pro.hang

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Look in /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ for the report on PhotoBooth regarding it's unresponsiveness …

Last edited:

Ask a Question