Deleted something wrong : Library folder

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new on this forum so I'll try my best to explain my problem (I'm not English, just in case).

I have a Macbook pro 13" early 2011 operating through Yosemite, which i had never really cleaned up until today when I got very inpatient due to its non-acceptable slowness! So after using CleanMyMac 2 which did a fairly good job, I wanted more and decided to go through both my Library folders to delete things, being careful not to delete something wrong!
Well that happened.. To make things easier, I don't have any TimeMachine back up and I obviously used "Secure Empty Trash" to make sure everything goes away completely, which came up deleting about 9000 files....

So here is the result, don't really know how to explain this but "logos" of apps for instance don't appear, and colors of the previews of my images are like "Invert colors" I may say.

I uploaded a screenshot with System Preferences, Applications and another folder open so you can see what I mean.

As far as I can remember, I went through folders in Library like : Mozilla, Adobe (deleted many files in Adobe), deleted all the caches in Library, Lightroom.. not quite sure about the other ones...

I hope you guys can help me out, I know I've been stupid, no need for reminding me :( and I hope I've been clear enough.

Thanks a lot for trying to help anyway.
Kiks

screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg

Reaction score
Hi there!

My name is Yaroslav, and I'm from MacPaw company.

As for your question - it looks like a Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite bug. It might be that something went wrong with graphic card. However, CleanMyMac 2 can't delete this logo, it simply doesn't have an access to it (except that you've manually put them all into your Trash, which I doubt). In this case, I'd also recommend you to contact Apple support or wait for the fix from them.:)

Just in case, you're every time welcome to write to our Support Team : (e-mail address removed) - in case you get any issues related to CleanMyMac 2.

Best wishes,
Yaroslav,
MacPaw Inc.

Ask a Question