Stuck on white screen with only apple logo and spinning wheel. Think its disk corruption.

Reaction score
Hello,

i have problem with a MacBook Pro 2011 13 and can't boot it up. its stuck on a white screen with the apple logo and the wheel are just spinning.

have tried resetting PRAM, Rapair disk through disk utility but I got thoes errors:
-Invalid leaf record count

-Incorrect block count for file sqlindex-shm

-Keys out of order

additionally, I can't seem to reinstall OSX because the Macintosh HD disk is locket for some reason? I also get a error that "socket is not connected" and "corrupt disk" when I go to singe user mode. Also, in singer user mode, whatever I type don't get any response. I have tried scanning for hardware errors in AHT but it does not find anything with the quick search option...

Andy replies will help. Thanks!

Reaction score
It sounds like your internal drive is "hosed". If you have access to another Mac, it is possible to connect your Mac to that other, working Mac, and boot your machine in Target Disk Mode. This link describes Target Disk Mode:

https://blog.macsales.com/41010-mac-os-101-how-to-boot-and-use-a-mac-in-target-disk-mode

A couple of questions:

1. What exact Mac OS are you using?

2. This is critical: have you been making backups to an external device?

3. Have you ever done an disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs, from a software perspective? By that I mean have you ever run any disk-related software to help with those tasks? There are some excellent products available (both free and commercial) that can help you with that.

4. How are you making posts here?

Ask a Question