Slow video

Reaction score
Video loading slowly, and stops frequently when playing. Is there something I should get rid of in my computer, or download so that it works? Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Need quite a bit of information before we can help you:
'
1. What exact Mac model are you using?

2. What exact Mac OS are you running?

3. Are you making backups to an external device?

4. Have you ever done any disk cleanup, maintenance, and/or repairs, from a software perspective?

5. What program are you using to play the video? VLC is the best one out there.

Reaction score
Need quite a bit of information before we can help you:
'
1. What exact Mac model are you using?

2. What exact Mac OS are you running?

3. Are you making backups to an external device?

4. Have you ever done any disk cleanup, maintenance, and/or repairs, from a software perspective?

5. What program are you using to play the video? VLC is the best one out there.
Thanks for getting back to me. I have a MacBook Air, and the os is Sierra, version 10.12.5. I don't have backups to an external device, and have not done any real disk cleanup. Not sure what video program I have - whatever came with the device.

Reaction score
Well, not having any backups, and not doing any kind of disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs is definitely asking for trouble. As for the video player, I can only assume you are using Apple's Quicktime, which is "not the greatest". As I mentioned earlier, VLC (free!) is the best one out there, and if you want, you can get it from here:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html

By the way, what exact MacBook Air model you have? I have a mid 2013 13" model, and it works great (even videos work fine, and especially using VLC).

Ask a Question